Friday, August 3

Family Vacation with Asshat Humans and a Bear

Lewis Falls
Lewis Falls
Yellowstone National Park


Some of my family came up from Texas to visit me for a few days. This includes my grandmother, mother, niece Sharon, nephew Charlie, and favorite cousin Mike. While my grandmother opted to stay here with my two year old nephew the rest of us decided to embark on a day trip up to Yellowstone National Park. This is a trip I've made a few times but it's never dull and always a beautifully scenic drive. I've never really had a wildlife encounter while up in Yellowstone till this trip though and thus comes the tale of the asshat humans...

It's going on sunset and we're still in the park as the speed limit is 45 at the most but usually more like 35. Why? Because they don't want you to hit the wildlife and the roads are mountainous, curvy, and lined with trees. There are also few passing zones within the park for the same reasons. Does that matter to an asshat in a pickup truck though? Nope. We were driving along doing the speed limit when about fifty feet in front of us crossing the road is a baby bear. We stop, leaving plenty of room between us and the bear. I almost got a picture of it too... till the asshat in the pickup decided that we were just stopping in the middle of the road in a no passing zone for no particular reason at all and zooms around us... that is till he sees the bear and decides to slam on his breaks taking up both lanes while his buddy in the passenger seat rolls down his window (yeah you read that right, fucking idiot) to hang out of it so he can get a picture of the bear. What I thought to myself at that time was, "these are the kind of idiots you see on those When Animals Attack videos..." They were real damn lucky that momma bear didn't come out of the woods.

post signature

No comments: